A crucial success factor has been the approach of the National Federations. Analysis found that where the National Federation made a focused effort to work with World Orienteering Day, for example by having a national WOD strategy, collaborating with schools and clubs, or promotion and communication of WOD through their own channels, participation numbers reflected their efforts in a positive way.
Some conclusions as below:
- The National Federation (NF) has a strategy to achieve the target.
- Information and promotion by NF or by club or local organiser.
- An active collaboration between NF/club and schoo.ls
- Information and promotion by NF, club or local organiser.
- NF has a part time employed WOD staff.
- Clubs are working active with both PH Teachers and Headmasters at school.
- Production of special maps to WOD is vital.
- Translation of WOD website and WOD materialand helps the organiser to make the work easier.
- The slogan “Be part of something bigger – Colour the world” is useful to commit people.